Contact our Safety Director, Joseph Spanjer at email@example.com
- OSHA 132-Hour Occupational Safety and Health Professional
- OSHA 30-Hour Occupational and Health Training
- Global Harmonized System for Managers (GHS)
- Trench and Excavation Safety Competent Person
- Scaffold Safety Competent Person Training OSHA 1926.450
- Aerial / Boom Lift Training OSHA 1926.454
- First Aid CPR AED
- Occupational Safety and Health Manager
- Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
- Occupational Safety and Health Supervisor
- Occupational Safety and Health Trainer
- Safety and Health Committee Team Leader
- Qualified Rigger
- First Aid CPR AED Trainer
BURTON SAFETY COMMITTEE
3RD PARTY AUDITOR
MEMBER OF OSHA COOPERATIVE SAFETY PROGRAM SINCE 2011
We believe that the backbone of our business rests on the safety of our employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and all trades affiliated with our projects. We employ a variety of methods to ensure a safe environment and utilize a proactive methodology of compliance, participation, communication, and involvement with all trades that is conducive to reducing the risks associated with work performed on our projects.
Since the construction process is dynamic and constantly changing, Burton Construction utilizes a combination of resources to ensure the safety of those working on or near the project. One of our resources includes Safety by Design, a third party safety consultant who provides ongoing safety support to our entire company and conducts periodic inspections (minimum of one per month per project) in an effort to identify and correct hazards. In addition, our Safety Committee meets monthly and reviews audit data from all projects, subcontractor safety performance, and any federal regulatory issues or concerns.
Every project has different factors that are considered when determining the best program to put in place. In some cases a full time safety coordinator is placed on the project to monitor safety on a daily basis. In other cases, periodic inspections that provide a “snapshot” of the safety on that particular project is sufficient. Each case is different and the appropriate solution for the project is agreed in partnership with the project team.
We are very proactive and committed to ensuring that all construction site personnel are aware of Burton Construction’s strict safety policy and that all federal and company policies are adhered to on a daily basis.